Moving House Glossary
Common words or phrases you will come across when moving house ..
- Land Certificate - A Land Registry certificate proving ownership of property.
- Land Registry - The Government organisation that holds records of all registered properties in England and Wales.
- LAUTRO - Life Assurance Unit Trust Regulatory Organisation.
- Leasehold - To be given ownership of a property but not the land it is built on. This normally requires payment of ground rent to the landlord. A leasehold is normally offered for either 999 years, 99 years or shorter terms.
- Local Authority Search - An application made to the appropriate Local Authority requesting details of any planning or other matters which might affect the property being sold.