Moving House Glossary
Common words or phrases you will come across when moving house ..
- Sale Agreed - A verbal agreement from the seller.
- Searches - Checks of local council records for planning applications and restrictions, etc.
- Sole Agency - The choice of a single estate agent to act on the seller's behalf, incurring a lower fee than multi-agency.
- Solicitor - Legal expert handling all documentation for the sale and purchase of a property.
- Stamp Duty - A tax paid to the Government by the buyer upon completion.
- Subject to Contract - Words used to indicate that an agreement is not yet legally Binding.
- Survey - An inspection made by a qualified surveyor. There are three main types of survey. Valuation report, Homebuyers report and Full Structural survey.